Sunday 28 October 2012

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisturizing Lather Shampoo & Keratin Cream Rinse - First Impressions

Today, after becoming exasperated by my haircare products, I went into my local Shampoo & Things. My hair is dry, split and frizzy. It used to be curly but after I ombred my hair twice, the ends are so fried that it's more of a spastic zigzag style, super pretty... Anyway, I asked a lady there for a recommendation and she suggested the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisturizing Lather Shampoo & Keratin Cream Rinse. 

Firstly, the price of these was a bit steep. They were about $35 NZD each, compared to the $20 or so that you can get for the supermarket brands. This wasn't a big problem for me though, hopefully it will be worth it.


The bottles look like this. They're in sleek black packaging, nothing too special.  For me they seem a bit backwards. At first glance I thought that the shampoo was in the conditioner bottle and vice versa. Oh well.. that's just me being picky.

When smelling the products in the bottle, they almost smell like cotton candy. It's definitely a sweet smell. 

The PM website promises that the Awapuhi range will repair and seal damaged hair. The key ingredient is of course awapuhi, which is a type of ginger plant. These products also contain KeraTriplex, PM's own Keratin brand, which is so important for healthy, strong and shiny hair. 

In my hair, it smells more gingery but still definitely sweet. Perhaps a bit like ginger beer. The shampoo is easy to lather, sulphate free and feels pretty nice on the hair. The conditioner is creamy and thick. On the bottle, it says to put the conditioner from roots to tips but some might feel as though it is too heavy for application on the roots of the hair. Since mine is so frizzy and dry, it seems to be alright. 

Now dry, my hair looks shiny and has curled properly for the first time in ages. It's reasonably soft, not overwhelmingly so, but pleasant enough. The ends are still a bit dry but that's expected. 

I'm pretty happy. I'd give it a 8/10 for first try. It has the promise of building repair the more I use it so will be looking forward to how that goes.

Hope this was helpful!







No comments:

Post a Comment